First Day Ever... Money Making Guide.

xKillinCowsx

*****DISCLAIMER: MY KNOWLEDGE IS BASED ON INFORMATION FROM 6-7 YEARS AGO, BUT REGARDLESS, THE FUNDAMENTALS REMAIN THE SAME*****

First Day Ever... Money Making Guide

1) Mobility is Key. So your very first thing to do is to go around the world and activate all of the Lodestones.

2) Grand Exchange. Do the Tutorial since we will eventually need it in our Adventures to come.

3) Safety Stronghold. By going through the Safety Stronghold you get 2 Items that are useful at very low levels. GP and Safety Gloves. (They provide combat bonuses, at level 3, you can't beat it.)

4) Stronghold of Security. By running through this and getting to the Cradle of Life, you will get some much needed GP and you will have your pick of Combat Boots or Fancy Boots. (It doesn't matter which, they provide the same combat bonuses.)

5) Lumbridge Training Grounds. Free exp. If you complete all of the tasks with full marks, you can use the exp lamps to level Range from 1 to about Level 27. (It's the same for any of the Combat Skills.)

6) Fish and Tackle Shop at Port Sarim. You should have about 15k GP from the Safety Stronghold and the Stronghold of Security. So buy the 1k Feathers that they have at the shop. (They replenish every day for you.) Go to the Grand Exchange and cut some Trees down. Start making 1k Arrow Shafts. Fletch the Arrow Shafts into Headless Arrows. Sell at the G.E. (Yes, I know this is a Members Skill but NonMembers can still train it to Level 5.)

7) Kill Cows. The Wealth that you can accumulate at low levels by KillinCows is simply hard to pass up. If you wanted to you can train about 3 or 4 different skills by the loot that you receive by KillinCows. If that doesn't interest you then you can sell all the loot at the G.E. (You can tan the Cowhides in Al Kharid for free and sell the Tanned Cowhides for even more.)

Well, that is all I can do for the short amount of time that I have, I will keep adding to it hopefully in the days to come. Good Luck out there! 

-xKillinCowsx

• 10 months later...

You can try mining if you want to make money in RuneScape. It can be really slow, it is one sure way to make money in Runescape. It is very profitable and all you have to do is mine ores and sell them. Iron ore sells for about 100 GP. It is the fastest to gather and yields quite a lot of money.

• 1 year later...

With the GP you've earned from the Strongholds, head to the Fishing and Tackle Shop at Port Sarim. You can buy Feathers at the shop and craft Headless Arrows to sell at the Grand Exchange. It's a good way to make some profit.
Consider taking on cows. They can be a great source of income at low levels, and you can even train multiple skills with their loot. Tanning Cowhides in Al Kharid for free and selling Tanned Cowhides is an additional way to boost your earnings.
Thanks for these tips, and I'm sure many new players will find them useful. 

Edited by senug
Removed outside link