Elite Dungeon 3 (just the bosses)

Telle

I will keep updating this until i feel it's complete.

This ''guide'' will be mostly screenshots of the attacks and where to stand to avoid getting smacked/dying

BOSS #1 The Crassian Leviathan

The first thing you want to do is enter the arena and stand in the area mark on the image below! (after the first special attack; move towards the boss to increases your chances of staying alive!)

Spoiler

boss__1.png

The Attacks (idk names so bare with my made up names) and how to avoid dying

Green Bean Beam

Spoiler

boss12.png

Not dying to this attack is simple:  Don't stand in the green..

Head smash!

Spoiler

boss13.png

Every now and then the boss will do this attack, through the fight stand next to the boss and move to the direction it's moving to asap when the attack sequence starts

Side note: stand near the boss during the fight; this way you get more time to react to the Head Smash!

How to avoid taking massive damage? Simple-ish, run/surge in the direction they are moving towards and stand in the corner!
E.G: Boss is moving east to west (see screenshot): Run/surge west and stand in that corner, after it reaches the west side, move to the east corner and stand there! (move back to middle-ish after attack)

Around the 1 minute mark the boss moves to the opposite side of the arena; their attack rotation will be reset and will start at green bean beam!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Boss #2 Big ol' necro-troll-dude

Easily the easiest of all 3 bosses in this Elite Dungeon.

To make this kill go by faster: KILL EVERYTHING.. The boss heals of the skeletons it summons, failing to kill them will add to the time it takes to kill it. (this only applies to solo kills; only thing you don't ignore in duo/trio is the rift)

Attacks and Special Attacks:

Magic Attack: (Big Orange Fireball ,pray protect/deflect magic)

Spoiler

boss_2.png

Ranged Attack: (Looks like the bosses uses Death Swiftness, Pray protect/deflect Ranged)

Spoiler

unknown.png

Rift Of Undead: Destroy it before the timer runs out, afterwards finish off the skeletons to prevent the boss from healing (failing to kill the rift results in a 7k+ hit)

Spoiler

boss_22.png

Big Ogre: Twice during the fight he'll summon an Ogre for you to kill, finish it and the skeletons it spawns off before the boss can heal off it

Spoiler

boss_24.png

And last but not least:

Super Sp00ky Ghost Attack: Boss summons a wall of ghosts that slowly move towards you.. Easily avoidable by walking to the side or surging through them.

See screenshot for an example on how to avoid them:

Spoiler

boss_25.png

• Like 1

THE AMBASSADOR

A lot to cover here.. Seeing how a lot of things can kill you and cost your team the kill.

Basic Attacks:

The Ambassador mainly uses Ranged attacks with an occasional high hit magic attack.

Ranged attack:

Spoiler

ambi_rngd.png

Magic Attack:

Spoiler

ambi_mgc.png

Special Attacks and how to avoid getting killed.

Fire Patch
The first attack we encounter is a fire patch (just like the first boss in ED1); Run close to The Ambassador, wait for the timer to run out, the attack to drop, and then run out. This attack, unlike it's ed1 counter part, spreads out (meaning you could enlarge it), do wait a few seconds for it to actually drop.

Spoiler

fire_patch.png

Unstable Black Hole:
This one is quite simple, all you've got to do is stun it. If you fail to do so and are to close to it (it has a HUGE blast radius) you will take up to 8k+ damage.

Spoiler

UBH.png

Sinister Fragments AND VORTEX SPIN/Big Bang Attack:

This attack starts at the 1 minute mark and if you fail to phase Amba it'll repeat at the 3 minute mark as well.

This one is kind of tricky, you have to take out Sinister Fragments whilst running counter clockwise, trying to avoid a spinning beam!

Spoiler

vortex.png

If you've successfully taken out every fragment, nothing will happen afterwards.. If you're not so lucky, The Ambassador will use his Big Bang Attack (fake name), he'll do so depending on how many fragments he absorbed. If he managed to absorb 3 fragments he'll do this attack 3 times, within a few seconds, hitting 8100 each attack.

This can be blocked by using devotion and reflect whilst praying protect/deflect from ranged; using debilitate +reflect to reduce the damage to 2k; and barricade if necessary

Timer looks like this: 

Spoiler

BBA.png

The last phase of the fight is where it gets harder. You'll have to pay attention to the chat to prevent being instant killed.. and also keep dpsing the boss whilst he's being healed!

The main thing that can kill you here is not paying attention is getting smack by high hit magic attacks (can be blocked by protect/deflect magic + devotion)
Watch the chat at all times and switch to the correct prayers until the attack is over (it's 3-4 hits) ((See screenshot, black balls are the special attack))

Spoiler

magic_IKA.png

Stand in front of the white smoke to prevent him from healing.

That's about it.... Have one more post-kill screenshot.

Spoiler

seiryu.png

• Like 1

Things I recall from doing it the other day.....

Boss #1- The Crassian Leviathan

• fairly sure the beam is poison
  • I surged down the middle when swapping sides bc Leviathan moved
  • when he does the head/body slide it makes me think of the Cha-Cha Slide......
    Spoiler

Boss #2 - Taraket the Necromancer

• I used dominion mines and weapon poison++ when I did story mode and I believvvvve they worked, but I"m having second thoughts about it atm (can't recall if they worked at Ambassador too, but I think it did)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moridin_1 said:

Keep it coming, all information is good info for when I actually get 5 mins to do ed3 😛

honestly dude.. hmu when you want to go.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Telle said:

honestly dude.. hmu when you want to go.. 

I'll have a good look at a couple of vids and a good read of this first (unlike ed1 & 2 we went to and I hadn't a clue of the mechanics at the time lol)  Cheers Telle 🙂

5 hours ago, moridin_1 said:

I'll have a good look at a couple of vids and a good read of this first (unlike ed1 & 2 we went to and I hadn't a clue of the mechanics at the time lol)  Cheers Telle 🙂

i went in and had no clue of the mechanics.. i turned out fine.

• 2 months later...

Nice guide! The pictures go a long way. I'll be using this in a couple days.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, ChathMurrpau said:

Things I recall from doing it the other day.....

Boss #1- The Crassian Leviathan

• fairly sure the beam is poison
  • I surged down the middle when swapping sides bc Leviathan moved
  • when he does the head/body slide it makes me think of the Cha-Cha Slide......
      Reveal hidden contents

Boss #2 - Taraket the Necromancer

• I used dominion mines and weapon poison++ when I did story mode and I believvvvve they worked, but I"m having second thoughts about it atm (can't recall if they worked at Ambassador too, but I think it did)

Weapon poison++ and Cinderbane gloves are good!

The Dominion Mines only work on monsters with combat lvl 138 or less so if they do work, it will only be in Story Mode...