What brought you to our site?

RuneHQ Robot

What brought you to our site, and what keeps you coming back here?

I would love to hear the different reasons as to why our faithful members love this site so much instead of all the other ones out there.

Been to long to remember the exact story but if I remember right I was doing the Al Kharid Prince quest back in Classic days and I was having troubles with it and I ended up finding Runehq... I think anyway.  I've been around too long....  Safe to say I have lurked/been apart of this site for 10+ years and have met so many cool people over the years I just decided to hang around.  Even though I do not really play much these days :).  

The reason that brought me to the site is the same I believe for most people - Using the wonderful quest guides and calculators.

In my opinion(for what it's worth), I still believe RuneHQ has the best, top-notch guides of any RuneScape help site.

Honestly? I can't remember really haha. I have used this site for over 13 years now. I only joined the forums within the last 2 or 3 I believe (I can't exactly remember)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dorky Girl said:

Honestly? I can't remember really haha. I have used this site for over 13 years now. I only joined the forums within the last 2 or 3 I believe (I can't exactly remember)

Can relate.  I think I lurked for like 10+ years before joining up lol.  

I originally found this site googling quest guides. Like many others, I lurked for awhile before eventually creating my first account. The reason I stay here is for the awesome community. You guys/gals are awesome and I'm glad I found this place.

I came here looking for guides to help with questing and well I lurked for a while until I decided to finally make an account xD I like this community and I'm excited to continue being a part of it!

I knew about RuneHQ from many many years ago when I used to play the game, I as well used it for it's amazing quest guides. I did not take part in the forums back then but now that I am a returning Runescape player I figure I would give the forums a shot.

Besides that I am staff, I love the guides on the site. How do you think I got my quest cape? I wouldnt have without the guides here. And I love my calcs 😉

Back in the late 00's, I used to cycle between RuneHQ, Tip.it, and Zybez. RuneHQ was always most updated (even if there were those random guides that were really out of date 😛 ). This became more prominent in the new RuneHQ era with a complete changeup in the design and everything. Eventually, I left Zybez in the dust because RuneHQ/Tip.it had it pretty much down. I was actually oblivious that Wiki came out until 2013, when it starts booming in popularity.

After that, it was a matter of lag and updates, which continues today. Tip.it is pretty much afk now, Zybez is closing down. The only standing websites for usage now, are Wiki (RS3 or 07), and RuneHQ. Wiki tends to bog down my CPU and stops me from doing much. RuneHQ still uses a bit of resources, but pales in comparison. Another reason I stay is because of the community. Yeah, we have our ups and downs (RIP Forums the last few years), but it's always nice to converse with the community here, and see all of the older members and their accomplishments.

I created my account here in February of 2014 (or was it January... it's on my profile). Joined the clan in June/July of that year, and never want to leave. I have some of the most fondest RuneScape memories on this beloved site, even if I spent most of it barely being here.

• Like 1

I have always used Rune HQ for the guides and tools. Will continue to use them as they are very helpful. 

• 2 months later...

I use to use this site all the time back in middle school when osrs was the only runescape. Now that I'm back playing I plan on using this site all the time and plan on donating to keep it going.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a former registration moderator from 2006. I missed this community.

It's sad to see what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally it was a guy in game 10 years ago or so. Obviously, I was very new at the time and I needed a good guide on free to play quests and runehq was there. It wasn't only one guy that recommended it; later on playing, it was recommended by a lot more people. So, I started thinking that this must be the official unofficial guide. Been coming back ever since.

Edited by MurkyPuddleIsMyIGN

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing guides and calculators. I believe every player, particularly the oldschoolers would have stumbled across a RuneHQ guide at some point! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

All I really remember about the first time I came to this site is that it was recommended by another Runescape user some 12 to 13 years ago. I made my first official account about 4 years later so I could make content suggestions/submissions/corrections, even became a staff member and made graphics for signatures and Official Events. I ended up losing that account after moving, but I'm back now and I don't plan on moving again!

P.S. I also didn't know about any other sites for a long time and also didn't feel that they were as user-friendly or as trustworthy.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 8:48 AM, RavenEyes28 said:

When looking up information about Runescape, this is always the first site to come up. I have always heard good things about it.

Been around for many a years.  Though its not quite the size it used to be were a solid bunch here 🙂 Join the clan chat if youre not already there!