Report Your Runescape Scam/hack/cheat Experiences Here.

RuneHQ Robot

runescapehackexperiences.png

Report any RuneScape hack/scams you see here! This includes but is not limited to new scams and users to watch out for!

First one i fell for back in Classic days.. "look Runescape wont let you say your password see ******".  Stupid me.... lost 5 full sets of mithril.  Sad times.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lucky during my RS career I have never once been hacked or had my account stolen.

I was hacked about a year ago, but honestly I'm not sure how. I didn't have the account guardian or anything like that due to A. Not having a phone that  I could download an authenticator and B. The computer I was using would crash if I used anything other than the internet and RS.

Obviously, now that I've fixed that and regained my account I have the maximum protection. Still wonder how someone hacked me though, I didn't use any other site with my related rs name but RuneHQ, I have a rs specific password that isn't used anywhere else and I don't download anything.

I didn't get scammed, but a old clannie (different clan at the time) tried to scam/lure me and admitted to it after they noticed it was me.

A friend of mine (knew him for 10+ years IRL) trust traded his purp phat and this guy starts trying to lure me.. told me to meet him at portals.. after I started talking, he apologized in pm.. he got kicked the same day.. kinda funny what people do for some pixels

37 minutes ago, Katalex said:

Just a quick note here, on behalf of the clan staff, please understand that all clan staff is instructed not to ask to borrow from any clan mate.  If you are approached and they claim to be staff do be mindful.  There have been a few instances of this happening and we wish in the future, for this not to have happen again.

I 100% back this statement.. no matter how much you trust a person.. they can always flip on you over some pixels.

Anything important from Jagex regarding your account will be sent to you from them within your in-game inbox. Any game updates you can navigate from directly within the official website. Any emails you receive regarding either of these I avoid entirely. Though a small few could be deemed legitimate, it's mostly from phishers hoping you open the email and click on the re-directed link. Granted, the link can be highlighted over for authenticity, it's still an un-needed risk.

Another common one as of late are the many Discord servers being thrown out on the social wellness of the community. Without proper settings from the program, you could automatically download any unknown file a stranger sent over.

Shameful.

• 3 months later...

Yes I downloaded game from the internet and I found out that some Russian hacker got my email password probably with a keylogger. So I changed everything but I forgot that my RuneScape password was the same. So one day I login and I find out that my guy is at the GE basically all my s***'s gone except the stuff that's just annoying to sell. I lost everything which was 6m. Yeah I know 6 ml is in a lot but it was a lot to me at the time I mean it's still kind of is I only have 20 mil I'm barely going to get my bond this week haha.

But it gets better. So in game I was asking people hey who do I contact and tell that my account got hacked? It was so weird how quickly somebody said email mod mark..his email is mod.mark@gmail.com

I don't know why I didn't think why would a moderator have a Gmail. I guess I just assumed that he was doing this kind of off-the-books helping people to ease runescapes workload???

Anyway long story short I email him and three days later he replies and asks for a selfie of me holding a picture of my full name and in-game name. So obviously I instantly reported in to Google and to RuneScape. I'm still just so shocked at how quickly some identity fraud guy replied in the world 2 g e Market. That means that people are literally just sitting there trying to scam people outside of RuneScape. There are actually felonious criminals prowling RuneScape. I wish I would have got his username so I could have reported that dumb***.