Theme Opinions  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the Night theme?

• It is my favorite ever!
    • I like it
    • It is okay
    • I do not like it
    • I have not used it
  2. 2. What type of themes do you like to see?

• Light (Azure)
    • Dark (Night, or the old charcoal styled)
    • Special (God themed)
    • Limited (holidays/special events)
  3. 3. If a charcoal style themed was made, what color would you like to see in it? (See examples)

• Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Purple

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2018 at 06:30 AM

Hey all! You all seem to be enjoying the Night theme for the most part, or at least I haven't had an angry mob show up at my house yet. This poll is to gather feedback and to get opinions for potential new themes. Any extra constructive feedback on this thread is greatly appreciated. Below are some examples in relation to question three on the poll. None of these are guaranteed and are just rough copies to show potential options.

Red
red.png

Orange
orange.png

Yellow
yellow.png

Green
green.png

Blue
blue.png

Purple
purple.png

15 minutes ago, DarkPyroNinja said:

I think a dark blue, similar to say the 2003-2007 (ish) color scheme for the main site. I've always liked that scheme.

I have to agree with you. Dark blue looked awesome back in those days.

The dark alpha looks like CE theme. Maybe we need a theme for each group. Purple for mods, blue/silver for managers, blue/gold for admin. Kinda sport you group colors...

But serious the blue would probably be nice and the purple you have up there could be cool also.

1 minute ago, Ksb Single said:

The dark alpha looks like CE theme. Maybe we need a theme for each group. Purple for mods, blue/silver for managers, blue/gold for admin. Kinda sport you group colors...

I really like this idea! Not sure how much extra work this would entail, but that concept seems like an awesome one to me.

12 minutes ago, Ksb Single said:

But serious the blue would probably be nice and the purple you have up there could be cool also.

Dark (alpha) has been the trial theme/remake of charcoal. Though it is currently under attack by party parrots and some discoloration.

10 minutes ago, Balista said:

I really like this idea! Not sure how much extra work this would entail, but that concept seems like an awesome one to me.

Making extra themes, especially similar ones, aren't a lot of extra work but there is the concern of cluttering the theme list, but there will be more than what we have currently. That and eventually someone else will end up in charge of managing themes, so it depends what I get done when I can currently.

2 minutes ago, With Faith said:

Making extra themes, especially similar ones, aren't a lot of extra work but there is the concern of cluttering the theme list, but there will be more themes (eventually).

Would there be a way to set it up so only the staff members in a certain group could see their theme? Like, I would be able to see the Chat mod theme on my list, but the forum moderator theme wouldn't even be available to me?

Just now, Balista said:

Would there be a way to set it up so only the staff members in a certain group could see their theme? Like, I would be able to see the Chat mod theme on my list, but the forum moderator theme wouldn't even be available to me?

I can do exactly that, like non-staff can't see the party parrot (dark alpha) theme currently. I'll need to check with an admin to see how having a lot of themes handles

I definitely like the look of the darker themes; the lighter ones just look plain and boring. Plus it helps that my favorite color is purple :classic_happy:

5 hours ago, Dorky Girl said:

I definitely like the look of the darker themes; the lighter ones just look plain and boring. Plus it helps that my favorite color is purple :classic_happy:

I will be going through and redoing the default (Azure - Light) theme to make a few areas a bit nicer, but I am glad you enjoy the dark theme :)

On 8/15/2018 at 3:46 AM, DarkPyroNinja said:

I think a dark blue, similar to say the 2003-2007 (ish) color scheme for the main site. I've always liked that scheme.

I think many would like this.

Would it be possible to make a forum theme that would like similar to the old runehq site?

14 minutes ago, Alfawarlord said:

I think many would like this.

Would it be possible to make a forum theme that would like similar to the old runehq site?

So the dark blue with white background correct? 

3 minutes ago, Alfawarlord said:

Both would be nice if possible

Would you like this blue theme to replace the current white/blue theme or as an additional? Also I could play around with a 'Retro' theme. Maybe make it public on RuneHQs bday

Definitely Retro dark blue > Azure. I've wanted that for a while.

I believe there was an orange version (same setup as the above picture, just an orange tint) too that looked pretty wicked.

I'll probably move from charcoal into the blue theme. Retro will be a lot more playing around but i'll test out some stuff.

5 hours ago, DarkPyroNinja said:

Definitely Retro dark blue > Azure. I've wanted that for a while.

I believe there was an orange version (same setup as the above picture, just an orange tint) too that looked pretty wicked.

That was the godless theme iirc

I like the retro theme already, even if it's still not done. Originally the forum boxes had a light/dark blueish background. I prefered that over the complete black background it now is

I admit i dont use themes, but can appreciate all the work and its great to give everyone different options. Keep it going!

Archived