Disappointed

Laseter642000

My wife and I have played rs for many years and used runehq extensively. We took a break and just recently returned and had to start completely over from scratch. We tried the new rs and didn't like it. Starting osrs from scratch we came to runehq for help on things we did not remember or to get info on new things that changed since we played. To our dismay we can't find much on osrs here any longer. WHY did you delete MOST of your info on OSRS? Why are your data bases all rs3 related only? I have built websites and worked games for Microsoft. It really doesn't take much to continue to have the original content remain available to users once it has already been created and available for years. If it is still available please tell me where they are being hidden so we can once again enjoy a game we enjoyed for years.

Many OSRS items are not listed on data base.

Cant find any info at all on many OSRS items.

Some quest walkthroughs are obviously rs3 as they are wrong on osrs. 

Laseter642000 and ZarmadilloO

I apologize that you feel disappointed in what RHQ has. First, I would like to clarify a few points.

1 hour ago, Laseter642000 said:

To our dismay we can't find much on osrs here any longer. WHY did you delete MOST of your info on OSRS? Why are your data bases all rs3 related only?

RHQ has followed the path that the game did (classic -> RS2 -> RS3) and has made an effort to include OSRS guides since that released (circa 2013). We have deleted nothing from our site which still exists in game; if you can't find it that could be why - it just doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Laseter642000 said:

Many OSRS items are not listed on data base.

Cant find any info at all on many OSRS items.

We have technically never had an OSRS database because we followed game progression and updated the databases with the changes made in game. OSRS that is around today is essentially a separate game that branched off of the RS that has always been and has made it's own progression.

We do have plans to add an OSRS specific database, however, this is majorly hindered by a small staff and a VERY large amount of work that would need to be done once it was created. For our RS3 databases there are currently about 2.3k persons, 15.5k items, and 1.4k monsters -  and there are still PIM for RS3 that need to be added. In theory the OSRS databases would be about that size; this is not a light endeavor.

3 hours ago, Laseter642000 said:

Some quest walkthroughs are obviously rs3 as they are wrong on osrs.

Please specify what guides you are referencing (links preferred) so that we can actually address the issue you are informing us of. Generic "this is wrong" or "this is missing" does not help us figure out what the problem is. And in the end, we may spend longer trying to figure out the issue, which is often the person just using the wrong guide, than actually fixing it. Providing actual correct content can also help speed up this process. It means that we just need to verify your information and adjust our system instead of researching and adjusting.

In conclusion, at it's heart, RHQ has always relied on others to help provide guides. Now-a-days, we have VERY few, if any, actual submissions for our guides so we are pretty much 100% relying on our staff to create all of the content you see on site. This takes time and working for RHQ is a voluntary, unpaid position. Our staff does not have the ability to quit our real life and devote all of our time to playing both games and create content for the site - most of our staff don't even play OSRS. We need people, like you guys, to help fill in the gaps we are missing. I would like for us to not have people, such as yourselves, who are disappointed in our lack of content, but this cannot be done without the RS community either submitting information or volunteering to help as staff.

Thank you for your feedback.

Content Admin,

ChathMurrpau

I know how it works. I "volunteered" for Microsoft gaming zone for 5 years on all age of empires games as well as several others. I wrote all the online game FAQs for the age of empires up till aoe3.I wrote quite a few of the "word" updates for aoe before they were coded.  I also ran the Microsoft gaming help room many times. and ran the tournaments . I understand the staffing problem. however there is stuff missing that was in fact here several years ago. I look up items and they are not listed in the items database any longer. they were there before. several people verified that with me. all your skill guides are not osrs related , they were, so when you say things are not taken down these guides were their before os2 or 3 came about. they are no where to be found now. that means they were removed or replaced or sadly rewritten to reflect the new  versions. I play for fun I don't take notes, but  I will try to get you some specifics as my wife and I level. 

Hey,

What guides are you referring to?

What year did you take a break from RS? I'm having a hard time understanding which rs version you are talking about. The so called OSRS has only been released 7 years ago. At that point we didn't have a single osrs guide, never had a osrs pim database. Currently we do have some osrs quest, mini-quest, mini-game and TT guides.

Here's anotherexample . food no longer tells you how much it heals in osrs. it used to!.. now it says 

Please enter your Constitution level here  
Lobsters will heal you 300 LP

LP has nothing to do with osrs.. so why did we delete how much the food heals in osrs. seems that  ORIGINAL rs players no longer matter. switch to  the new rs2 or rs 3 or go it alone were not going to help you anymore.

so far i have met about 15 people in osrs since i returned 2 weeks ago. all of them had switched to rs3 and hated it and had returned to osrs like my wife and i both did. 

15 hours ago, Quick Art said:

Hi Since RS3 this has been renamed to "hatchet" .

Hi. Well obviously I figured that out already . since its not renamed in osrs game any new person wouldn't know that, especially when the item pictures don't match. so basically I need to relearn what someone decided to rename each item so I can look up what its NOW called on the databases.. also note many items are not used in rs3 anymore so you don't have them listed. I will find a reference as I've seen multiple times already . 

Basically. Since my wife feels I'm arguing a lost cause here. I guess I will leave you guys alone since all I'm going to get is reasons why I cant find stuff when it really is different than the original content I loved, supported and recommended to others.

14 hours ago, Alfawarlord said:

Hey,

What guides are you referring to?

What year did you take a break from RS? I'm having a hard time understanding which rs version you are talking about. The so called OSRS has only been released 7 years ago. At that point we didn't have a single osrs guide, never had a osrs pim database. Currently we do have some osrs quest, mini-quest, mini-game and TT guides.

I'm forwarding you a copy of an email I sent to mrstormy with runehq.com back in 2005 .  Maybe that will give you a better understanding of how long and possibly some sort of reference point. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here. I thought osrs was original Runescape. 

4 hours ago, Laseter642000 said:

Here's anotherexample . food no longer tells you how much it heals in osrs. it used to!.. now it says 

Please enter your Constitution level here  
Lobsters will heal you 300 LP

LP has nothing to do with osrs.. so why did we delete how much the food heals in osrs. seems that  ORIGINAL rs players no longer matter. switch to  the new rs2 or rs 3 or go it alone were not going to help you anymore.

so far i have met about 15 people in osrs since i returned 2 weeks ago. all of them had switched to rs3 and hated it and had returned to osrs like my wife and i both did. 

Constitution is the old Hitpoints. At some point, jagex changed those to Constitution and Lifepoints. The amount of HP food heals depends now on your Constitution level. Over the years Jagex has redone the names and looks of Weapons, Armor, and items hatchets. That's why you can't find them. What we now call rs3 is the rs from 2005. I've been playing it since 2005. RS3 is your ORIGINAL RS. Jagex just renamed various things in the game and improved the graphics. The name changes is something jagex has been doing for years now

4 hours ago, Laseter642000 said:

Hi. Well obviously I figured that out already . since its not renamed in osrs game any new person wouldn't know that, especially when the item pictures don't match. so basically I need to relearn what someone decided to rename each item so I can look up what its NOW called on the databases.. also note many items are not used in rs3 anymore so you don't have them listed. I will find a reference as I've seen multiple times already . 

Basically. Since my wife feels I'm arguing a lost cause here. I guess I will leave you guys alone since all I'm going to get is reasons why I cant find stuff when it really is different than the original content I loved, supported and recommended to others.

As we have said. We never had a osrs PIM database. We follow the changes that jagex made to rs2/rs3. Say Jagex decides to change the name and image of short swords to sabre in rs2/3, then we will change that in our database and guides

20 hours ago, Laseter642000 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here. I thought osrs was original Runescape. 

OSRS today is technically not original RS. It was released as a throwback to stuff circa 2007 because a lot of people didn't like where they were going with the game at the time (2013). It has since grown and developed into it's own game somewhat like a parallel universe to RS3. When RS3 and OSRS were "born", RHQ primarily followed the RS3 track, but still supplied various guides for OSRS that can still be seen today.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:25 AM, Alfawarlord said:

Constitution is the old Hitpoints. At some point, jagex changed those to Constitution and Lifepoints. The amount of HP food heals depends now on your Constitution level. Over the years Jagex has redone the names and looks of Weapons, Armor, and items hatchets. That's why you can't find them. What we now call rs3 is the rs from 2005. I've been playing it since 2005. RS3 is your ORIGINAL RS. Jagex just renamed various things in the game and improved the graphics. The name changes is something jagex has been doing for years now

As we have said. We never had a osrs PIM database. We follow the changes that jagex made to rs2/rs3. Say Jagex decides to change the name and image of short swords to sabre in rs2/3, then we will change that in our database and guides

ngl I kinda want them to add a sabre like weapon to the game now.

Archived