Sign in to follow this  
Hitori

What is the Dev team up to?

Now that things are (relatively) working as they should be, what exactly is the dev team up to? Most of the front-end and critical data has been restored to an adequate level to allow our community to access the site as they have in the past. You may have noticed some things have gone missing - such as the login on the main page, comments and submissions on guides, persons, monsters, items and calculators - this was partially due to our new forums being introduced, and partially due to an upcoming massive update that's being worked on in the background (more on that below). Right now I'm working on hammering out a couple other very important back-end changes for the existing site to make it function more smoothly and as needed for staff.

The biggest RHQ project to date is currently in progress in the background (which we are calling RHQ 2.0). We're working on a whole new core that will modernize RHQ a bit more. Not only is the back end of the site getting reworked to be more user friendly, With Faith and I are working on bringing a new front end to the site that we hope you will all enjoy.

If there are any other Old School fans lurking here, similar to myself, you'll be glad to know that with 2.0 will come segregation of OS and RS3 content. Upon logging into 2.0 you will be defaulted to see RS3 content, but a quick fix in your settings will make the default displays be OS related. This will make sifting through all those quests much easier - not to mention persons, items and monsters will be displayed for OS and not RS3.

We do not yet have a date of release for this, but I felt like you all should know what's going on in regards to the development of RHQ - especially since my fixes have been somewhat site-breaking here and there. You all as our community deserve to know what is going on as it's not the staff that makes the community tick; it's all of you coming together with us that makes RHQ the amazing community it is. If we can stay together with the downtime we experience a couple months ago, we can surely make it together through the updates that are on the distant horizon.

Please, let us know how you feel about this and if you have any questions. I hope you all are as excited for these updates as we are!

~Your local hermit coder

Oh yeah... did I mention mobile, well yeah, mobile display. And what's talk without a bit of a teaser image (remember, this is all pre-alpha and is going to change):
image.png

• Thanks 2

eww, OSRS. who plays that antiquated nonsense? 😛  

jk glad we'll have things separated proper. Hopefully we can get enough interested parties once everything is set up that we can have a legit OSRS CE faction  =3

All the current OSRS stuff we have should be yes. PIM would be highly dependent on having the CE members to make the database. Unless we get more members there would be no reasonable way to keep up with RS3 and make a OSRS database. As it is we probably don't give the OSRS stuff we have enough time...

2 hours ago, Numerous One said:

With 2.0, will we have a "Seperate" DB for OSRS PIM and Quests?

Correct, databases will be separate. Hopefully we can attract some more OS people to help out. I can do the edits relatively well being as a play OS fairly often, but I think I'm the only one on staff that does atm.

21 minutes ago, Hitori said:

Correct, databases will be separate. Hopefully we can attract some more OS people to help out. I can do the edits relatively well being as a play OS fairly often, but I think I'm the only one on staff that does atm.

there are a few others who play....I think @DarkPyroNinja and maybe @St. Squiggydo some, but neither have access/taken test (at all or recently) so wouldn't be able to do edits until then.

I also *think* ... @Alk12? does some OSRS, but I could be crazy there lol

Either way, we'll definitely need more people.... even if we weren't gonna separate the DB so extensively lol