well, laid off again

TheLinuxNerd

Hi,

I just picked up another restaurant job as a line cook at a local diner in my region. Let me be clear that this specific diner/restaurant has a bad reputation with quote "a horrible owner". I was hired as a line cook and then went out of town on vacation and the owner said that he would call me when he wants me back with my next shift. I just called them a few minutes ago and they basically said that I'm laid off. They said that they hired a more experienced cook. That's not my real line of work anyway, and plus this restaurant/diner has a terrible reputation. My real line of work is in the information technology field. I'm currently trying to re-enter the IT field and whatever that I'm laid off from that bad restaurant job because they've got a crappy reputation anyway. I just lost another bad job. In the suburbs in my region the problem is that those jobs are mostly bad jobs. All the higher-paying better middle class are located in the city in my region. I live in the suburbs.

I'm in an "at will" state. I live in new York (nowhere near NYC). The only exceptions to the at will policy are discrimination. That restaurant has a bad reputation anyway. I got my paycheck and I only went there for 1 shift to train.

• 3 months later...

That sucks I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can find employment elsewhere.

Archived