Mining & Smithing Rework - [Discussion/Requests]

Hitori

Please use this thread to discuss, ask questions or request information|materials|etc. How do you feel about the update? Is there anything you think Jagex could have done better?

Be respectful and don't make demands ~o.o~

If you find out of date content on our site and would like to help us update it we would love your help. To do so please provide as much information about the update as possible in the following forum threads:

If there is already a post dealing with that issue you may add to it otherwise please start a new post. 

We would love any help we can get.

I think this update is FANTASTIC. At higher level ores you can make some serious bank at the moment so Mining is a hit. Smithing is actually worth while for XP gains and it uses tons of materials so it stabilizes the higher leveled ore prices.

Just a quick question,

About how long do you think it will be till the calculators are updated?

Are they last priority, or is someone actively working on them?

I personally don't think they though ahead of time about boss drops and other slayer drops that this would effect. Some slayer and bss drops are now crap. Other than that, the rework is amazing!

I'm completely reworking the calculators logic. It could be a while before we are able to have this available. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, Numerous One said:

I personally don't think they though ahead of time about boss drops and other slayer drops that this would effect. Some slayer and bss drops are now crap. Other than that, the rework is amazing!

I know this is a little late now, but I did want to say one thing. I had kept up with the Mining & Smithing rework for ages, they were talking about it for over a year and I was listening to them on stream and in their VODs. They seemed to put a lot of thought into boss drops and slayer drops, at least they acted as though they had plans. Some drops may have become lesser, but that makes way for better drops in the future. We shall see, in time, what their plans are. They did, however, mention a lot of changes in the drop tables on a long stream about the mining & smithing update (pre-beta).

By the way, have you heard about the Mining & Smithing rework?

Archived